Monday, November 01, 2004

Nov 1st...



So here we are on the eve of the election. It's amazing to think that tomorrow's the day. Finally.

For me, it will mark the end of months and months of...eh...well...what? I can think of a hundred words to describe what I've been going through all this time. But they seem to be an incredible understatement, compared to the real experience. I hesitate to write this because really, who would want to admit it, but there's only one word that rises to the top: obsession.

Is it just me? Am I the only one consumed by the news every single freaking day? Pouring over the details to see if it helps or hurts my candidate? Devoting more time than can possibly be healthy to reading political blogs? Damn, I watched every second of all four debates...and was interested!

This is the first time I've ever been politically active, doing my share of the work in turning the tide. Everything that I and millions of others have been working for will come to a head tomorrow. So how do I feel on the eve of all that my mind has turned to these long months? Nervous about the future? Ready for it to be over? Drinking heavily? Well...

It's crazy, but I feel strangely...relaxed. Yeah, you heard me right. Tomorrow I'll be voting for the first time in my life. For a man that I feel absolutely has to win or the country and to a lesser extent the world, will be in deep, deep shit. Months of obsession, work, and worry. But this is the most layed back that I've been in I don't know how long. Go figure.

I'd sit and think about why I feel this way, you know, maybe get a better understanding of myself. Maybe come to terms with and help usher in the closure that will hopefully be had tomorrow. But I can't. Really. I don't have the time you see...I have to go and check the news.


p.s. I'm voting for Kerry. In case you were wondering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home